Jay Leno is hospitalized with facial burns after a automotive fireplace Sunday.
“I obtained some critical burns from a gasoline fireplace,” Leno stated in a press release to Variety. “I’m okay. Simply want every week or two to get again on my ft.”
TMZ first reported that the comic and host of “Jay Leno’s Storage” was in his Los Angeles-area storage Sunday when a automotive “erupted into flames with out warning.” Flames burned the left facet of Leno’s face, however didn’t penetrate the attention or ear, in response to the report, which cited nameless sources with direct information of the matter.
He was taken to the burn ward at Grossman Burn Heart the place he remained as of Monday, and has cancelled all engagements in the course of the week, per the TMZ report.
Information of a well being situation was first reported by People journal. Leno was supposed to look at a monetary convention in Las Vegas Sunday, however needed to cancel because of a “critical medical emergency.” Leno’s facial burns or their trigger weren’t disclosed on the time, nevertheless.
“His household was not capable of present us very many particulars, however there was a really critical medical emergency that’s stopping Jay from touring,” an e-mail to attendees revealed by Individuals learn.
The precise reason behind the fireplace was not disclosed on the time of publication. Leno is understood for taking a hands-on method to his huge assortment of automobiles and bikes, placing his personal mechanical information to work in conserving them working alongside a paid employees. We want him a speedy restoration.